Board of Directors
Beth began her journey transforming students’ academic futures like many Phoenix teachers – as a corps member for Teach for America in downtown Los Angeles. Now more than 20 years later, Beth and her team have opened doors of educational opportunity for older student populations and other disenfranchised, under-served young people in Massachusetts. Since the launch of Phoenix Charter Academy in 2006, Beth has galvanized over 100 game-changing educators to serve 500 older, disconnected students across three schools. Under Beth’s leadership, Phoenix schools have empowered over 100 graduates – the majority of whom were never expected to graduate – to receive not only a high school diploma, but a college education. Beth is an alumna of Brandeis University and the Harvard Graduate School of Education. In each facet of her professional life, she advocates for educational equity for all young people. She recently served on Governor Baker’s transition team, as the Co-Chair of Governor Baker’s Education Advisory Committee. She also serves on the advisory boards of Mass Development, the Rennie Center, and Greater Boston Teach For America Alumni.
Thabiti joined Codman Academy Charter Public School in 2001 as the founding Humanities teacher and now serves as the Head of School. During his time at Codman he has deepened his appreciation for the joint gifts of autonomy and accountability that charter schools offer and his investment in supporting the growth of all high quality public schools. Prior to joining Codman, Thabiti taught at the Beacon School in New York and at the International School of Panama. He is a recipient of the 2005 Milken Educator Award, the 2011 Lynch Fellowship for Boston school leaders, and the 2014 inaugural Silverberg Leadership Award. Thabiti holds a BA from Brown University and a MA from Teachers College Columbia University.
AnnMarie joined Abby Kelley Foster Charter Public School in 2001, focusing her work on the development of the current special education management system and creation and implementation of original governance and grant management systems. AnnMarie holds a B.A. in Political Science and Psychology from Assumption College (Worcester) as well as an M.A. in Special Education also from Assumption College.
Prior to founding Veritas Prep, Rachel was the Principal and Executive Director of the Christa McAuliffe Regional Charter School in Framingham, MA. A certified Principal and English Teacher, Rachel spent six years working in the Springfield Public Schools as a teacher and school leader. Rachel earned a B.S. in Journalism from Syracuse University and a M.Ed. in Education Administration from the University of Massachusetts.
Kevin is the Chief Operating Officer at KIPP Academy MA where he manages the regional office finance, human resources, operations, compliance, recruitment, technology and KIPP-through-College teams. Prior to joining KIPP, Kevin served as Director of Finance at Achievement First in Brooklyn. Kevin holds a B.A. in Political Science from Tuskegee University in Alabama.
- Richard Alcorn, Executive Director, Pioneer Valley Chinese Immersion Charter School (2017-present)
- Alexandra Buckmire, Director of Unified Student Services, Boston Renaissance Charter Public School (2015-present)
- Debra Diggins, Principal, Hillview Montessori Charter Public School (2017-present)
- Caleb Hurst-Hiller, Head of School, Community Charter School of Cambridge (2016-present)
- Barish Icin, CEO, Pioneer Charter School of Science (2016-present)
- Dan Klatz, Director of Administration, Hilltown Cooperative Charter Public School (2017-present)
- Paul Niles, Executive Director, Cape Cod Lighthouse Charter School (2017-present)
- Greg Orpen, Head of School, Innovation Academy Charter School (2016-present)
- Todd Sumner, Principal, Francis W. Parker Charter Essential School (2015-present)
- Shannah Varón, Executive Director, Boston Collegiate Charter School (2014-present)