July 16, 2014
The Massachusetts Department of Elementary and Secondary Education (DESE) reports two measures of attrition in all public schools in th
- Over the past three years, school year enrollment stability (i.e. the percent of beginning-year students who finish the academic year in the same school) is:
- 92% in non-selective Boston charter high schools
- 74% in non-selective Boston district high schools
- 80% in selective Boston pilot high schools
- 97% in selective Boston exam high schools.
- School-year stability rates in charter high schools range from 84% to 95%. In BPS high schools, stability rates range from 36% to 98%.