Background on Brooke
Brooke Charter Schools, founded in 2002, are a network of five high-performing public charter schools in Boston. Brooke currently serves 1,899 students in grades K-11 and will grow to serve 2,200 students in grades K-12 by 2023.
Named after the late Senator Edward W. Brooke, the first African-American popularly elected to the U.S. Senate, our strategy is to focus relentlessly on developing excellent teaching. Reflecting the diversity of the communities we serve in Boston and Chelsea, 56% of Brooke students self-identify as Black, 34% as Latinx, 6% Caucasian, 2% Asian, and 2% Native American or multiracial. About three-quarters of Brooke students qualify for free or reduced-price lunch. Over the last several years, Brooke students have set a new bar for what is possible in urban public education, consistently outperforming their peers in Boston Public Schools, and producing academic achievement results among the highest in the state.
- Provide individual and small group speech/language services
- Screen and evaluate students for the presence of speech/language disorders
- Generate, maintain, track, and update all required student records, to include but not limited to: speech/language evaluation reports, IEP goals and objectives, IEP progress notes, etc
- Collaborate with parents and teachers, engaging them as partners in the student’s therapeutic intervention
- Speech and Language Therapist License from the MA Department of Elementary and Secondary Education
- A commitment to ensuring academic success for all students
- A shared dedication to the Brooke Charter School philosophy and mission
- Excellent skills in the areas of teamwork, oral and written communication, and organization
The community and students we serve are diverse, and we are committed to reflecting that diversity in our staff. We strive to have the most diverse applicant pool possible; to that end, we encourage individuals of all backgrounds to apply for any position at Brooke Charter Schools. By fostering a diverse and inclusive environment, we provide the best educational experience to prepare our students for a future reflective of the world we live in.
Please apply through our website.