The Special Education Coordinator at Parker provides educational, instructional, and programmatic leadership for special education in a middle/high school committed to knowing every student well and Essential School principles. Reporting directly to the Principal, the Coordinator works collaboratively with academic program leaders, the faculty, and families to deliver inclusionary special education services for students.
Key skills and capacities include: strong interpersonal skills; excellent oral and written communication skills; comfort with ambiguity, conflict, and iterative change; team-oriented approach; honoring student voice; deep knowledge base about student learning needs and creative pathways for student success; handle and balance multiple demands at the same time. Valid Massachusetts Administrator of Special Education licensure by the Department of Elementary and Secondary Education.
Key responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
Leading a Team
• Supervise and evaluate all special education and related services staff as required.
• Provide support and mentorship to newly-hired and veteran special education educators
• Attend regularly scheduled academic leadership team meetings to ensure collaboration and consistency with other program leaders and initiatives.
Developing and Refining Programs
• Provide oversight and implementation of all special education programming for students at Parker.
• Contribute to adult learning and embedded professional development for all staff.
• Evaluate individual programs for effectiveness using data and feedback.
• Oversee case management services for all special education students, including identification, placement, follow-up, and individualized educational plan development and review.
Valid Massachusetts Administrator of Special Education licensure by the Department of Elementary and Secondary Education.
Contact Terry Weisinger