River Valley Charter School, a grade K-8 public Montessori charter school serving children from Newburyport, Amesbury, Salisbury, Newbury, and West Newbury, seeks a middle school special education teacher to serve as case manager and to provide direct services to children in both inclusionary and pullout settings. This individual will oversee the implementation of all aspects of the IEP process. In addition to the provision of day to day special education services, he/she will conduct evaluations, run team meetings, and write IEPs.
- Provide direct instruction
- Oversee/implement modifications and accommodations
- Collaborate with subject area teachers
- Conduct evaluations
- Lead team meetings
- Possess knowledge and understanding of special education practices and regulations
- Understand adolescent development
- Have positive connections with students
- Be collaborative, and a strong problem solver
- Be flexible and have a good sense of humor
- Possess excellent communication skills
- Be open to input and able to self-reflect for future growth
- MA special education license required
- Knowledge of the Montessori pedagogy preferred
- 3+ years’ experience in a public school setting.