Community Charter School of Cambridge (CCSC) is a public charter school that serves students in grades 6-12. Focusing on post-secondary success for all students, CCSC combines high academic and behavioral standards with an environment of unconditional affection, acceptance, and belonging in which all students can thrive. CCSC seeks dedicated, outstanding, and innovative faculty who are interested in:
- joining our exceptionally diverse and talented team (49% faculty of color, 57% administrators of color for the 2018-2019 school year).
- contributing to our rigorous academic program and strong school culture.
- supporting the school’s commitment to diversity and social justice, which is reflected in our daily practices, policies, and systems.
- learning through professional development that is team-based and includes an extensive focus on race and equity.
CCSC remains one of the highest ranking middle/high schools in the greater Boston area. The school has received an official state commendation and was runner-up for the prestigious Pozen Prize for Charter Schools. Please visit www.ccscambridge.org to learn more about our work.
This specific position entails the teaching of Physics in preparation for success in college and the requisite standardized exams, including the Physics MCAS exam. In addition to teaching Physics, the faculty member will serve as an advisor and fulfill all regular duties and commitments required of CCSC staff.
A CCSC science teacher can expect to:
- Assume personal responsibility for the academic progress of all students
- Work collaboratively to create and implement a program of study that is intellectually challenging
- Work with a diverse student body from Cambridge, Boston, and surrounding cities
- Sustain a school-wide culture of respect and actively use the school’s Positive Behavioral Interventions and Supports (PBIS) system
- Design and implement lessons that integrate multidisciplinary science practices with scientific content
- Draw on subject-specific knowledge to differentiate instruction for all learners
- Serve as an Advisor to a small group of students
- Communicate with students’ families on a regular basis
- Participate in myriad forms of professional development as scheduled for all faculty
- BA or BS required; subject-specific degrees in science preferred
- Teaching experience in a similar setting preferred
- Willingness to teach courses that may include topics in physics, chemistry, computer science, psychology, engineering, and biology
- If not certified in MA, charter school teachers must pass the relevant MA teacher tests (MTEL) by the end of their first year at CCSC
- If not Sheltered English Immersion endorsed, charter school teachers must earn the endorsement by the end of their first year at CCSC with English Language Learners in any of their courses
Send a cover letter and resume to Naatuere Ajanaku, Science Department Chair, at with the subject line “CCSC Physics Teacher”.