City on a Hill Charter Public Schools welcomes applicants for the 2019-2020 Academic School Year.
About City on a Hill Charter Public Schools (CoaH):
City on a Hill began with a single high school in Boston, opening its doors in 1995. Currently we have three locations: Circuit Street (Roxbury, MA) Dudley Square (Roxbury, MA) and New Bedford. We invite you to join our nationally recognized team of innovative and collegial educators who are fully committed to a culturally diverse faculty and student body.
Please note, this position is based out of our New Bedford, Massachusetts location.
A Mental Health Counselor at a City on a Hill School has the following responsibilities:
- Provide services for students with counseling in their IEPs.
- Provide triage counseling as necessary and referrals for outside counseling services for students referred by SST, Dean of Discipline, classroom teachers, and self-selecting students in crisis.
- Provide consultation to administrators and mental health counselor for issues with students in need of services.
- Complete documentation on daily counseling services with students and provide feedback to staff and families on student progress. Keep accurate student disciple records.
- Compiles and assesses behavior data, analyzing data with team to problem solve and improve student behavior and school culture.
- Assist teachers, students, and parents in the effective creation and implementation of individual behavior plans.
- Individuals in this role respond to calls to classrooms to assist staff and students with assisting in positive behavior interventions and assist in leading the school's efforts to create a positive, structure, consistent, caring and discipline school culture in an urban charter school.
- Additional duties, as assigned by the Student Services Coordinator, Principal, or Vice Principal
The City on a Hill Instructional Philosophy and Background:
City on a Hill is a Network of teacher-centered charter public high schools in Boston and New Bedford dedicated to improving urban education and getting all of its graduates into and through college. As one of the original fourteen charter public schools in the Commonwealth, City on a Hill schools have college-prep standards within a rigorous curriculum.
City on a Hill Charter Public Schools are high schools determined to teach each and every one of its students the academic skills he or she will need to succeed in college and beyond. Our school leaders, faculty, and students are committed and ready to dedicate the time, energy, and hard work to achieve the school’s mission. The school’s mission is predicated on the belief that not only can all students learn, but all students must learn in order to embrace their rights and responsibilities as American citizens and acquire the academic and cultural capital to improve their community.
It is the policy of City on a Hill Charter Public Schools to obtain all available Federal and State background information through both SAFIS (Statewide Applicant Fingerprint Identification Services) and CORI (Criminal Offender Record Information), as allowed by law, of all employees and prospective employees of the school.
City on a Hill provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, City on a Hill complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
- Licensed MA mental health counselor OR Licensed Independent Clinical Social Worker (LICSW)
- BA or BS and two (2) or more years of experience working with urban students
- Experience in behavioral interventions
- Master's Degree
- Experience working in an urban school setting
Apply direclty on Coah website: