Supervisor: K1-8 Principal
Description: The Tutorial Coordinator serves as the leader of the Lower and Middle School’s in-house academic support. The Tutorial Coordinator runs Codman’s comprehensive one-on-one and small group teaching program, aimed at improving students’ academic skills.
Start date: July 1 - June 30
Responsibilities include (but not limited to):
Tutorial Program Management
- Set up the basic parameters of the Tutorial program: who, what, where, when, why
- Manage Tutorial program
- Serve LMS students weekly
- Recruit, hire, and train lead tutors and tutors
- Help lead tutors meet their responsibilities and hold them accountable
- Ensure that tutors are paid through the appropriate sources
- Serve as on-site program lead
- Conduct program evaluation
- Lead curriculum development and implementation
- Adapt Tutorial materials around curriculum, student accountability, and tutor professionalism to age group and skill level of students, numbers of tutors
- Provide Tutorial curriculum and professional development to lead tutors and tutors
- Support students to achieve high levels of academic growth
- Maintain regular tutor and student attendance according to program requirements
- Ensure creation and dissemination of regular progress reports
- Disseminate information to appropriate groups
- Compile student performance data and communicate it to students, parents and colleagues
- Collaborate with Codman teachers and administrators, especially those who share students to identify areas of growth for students as a means of aligning the Tutorial program to meet needs
- Project support, as needed
Community Engagement and Stewardship
- We are crew, not passengers, and we uphold that ideal as we support each other in reaching our shared goals.
- Every adult in our community is a teacher and a role model, and we model and implement EL Education design principles and core practices to the best of our ability in our roles.
- Advance the educational mission of the school by participating in duties and responsibilities consistent with building, upholding and promoting a strong Codman community.
- We actively value and solicit feedback in order to improve performance.
We are looking for a dynamic leader with…
- a strong track record of success
- exceptional communication and motivational skills, including writing and speaking to diverse constituents
- a passion for Codman’s mission and EL Education philosophy, which deepens intellectual growth through experience, reflection and social action
- a proven ability to build community, inspire and lead teams, whether adults or students, to achieve ambitious learning and teaching goals
- facility utilizing data to drive improvement
- established habits of creative collaboration
- an abiding sense of urgency
- a Bachelor’s degree, Master’s degree preferred
- at least 2 years of relevant experience
Please apply through our website.