Background on Brooke
Founded in 2002, Brooke Charter Schools is a network of college preparatory public schools with five campuses in Boston. Brooke currently serves 1,899 students in grades K-11 and will grow to serve 2,200 students in grades K-12 by 2023.
Named after the late Senator Edward W. Brooke, the first African-American popularly elected to the U.S. Senate, our strategy is to focus relentlessly on developing excellent teaching. Reflecting the diversity of the communities we serve in Boston and Chelsea, 56% of Brooke students self-identify as Black, 34% as Latino, 6% Caucasian, 2% Asian, and 2% Native American or multiracial. About three-quarters of Brooke students qualify for free or reduced-price lunch. Over the last several years, Brooke students have set a new bar for what is possible in urban public education, consistently outperforming their peers in Boston Public Schools, and producing academic achievement results among the highest in the state.
The Role & Responsibilities
- Arrive on time at first pick-up stop in the morning and at Brooke Mattapan at dismissal
- Hours are 6:00-7:15am and 4:00-5:30pm
- Direct children to pick-up and drop-off locations
- Ensure the safety of each child
- Check roster and maintain attendance for all students
- Ability to stay calm during an emergency
- Communicate incidents and problems with parents and teachers
- Resolve routine communication problems or incident reports with parents, students, and school officials
- HS Diploma or GED
- Prior experience working with children strongly encouraged
- Ability to effectively manage large groups of children in a fun, safe manner
- Shared dedication to Brooke’s philosophy and mission
- Excellent teamwork, communication and organization skills
The community and students we serve are diverse, and we are committed to reflecting that diversity in our staff. We strive to have the most diverse applicant pool possible; to that end, we encourage individuals of all backgrounds to apply for any position at Brooke Charter Schools. By fostering a diverse and inclusive environment, we provide the best educational experience to prepare our students for a future reflective of the world we live in.
Please apply directly through our website.